The Snow Tree

by Caroline Repchuk | Children's Books |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 4/14/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, April 14, 2023
I got this book, inscribed to a child by his parents circa 1998, at a local thrift shop's "books for 30 cents a pound" sale. It's a lovely little tale about a bear cub who wakes up in mid-winter and wonders where all the colors have gone. His forest friends help him gather colorful feathers, berries, and fallen leaves with which to decorate the "snow tree" to celebrate Christmas. (The pages are heavy-duty paper, richly embossed to highlight the illustrations. Lovely book.)

Released 2 mos ago (12/8/2023 UTC) at Park Bench (See Release Notes For Details) in Andover, Massachusetts USA

I left this book, bagged against the elements, on a bench at the trailhead between the Retelle and Deer Jump reservation trail systems. Hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

** Released for the 2023 Decemberish holiday challenge. **

Journal Entry 3 by Mariablueeyes58 at Andover, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, December 13, 2023
I found this book at the head of a trail in the Albert Retelle preservation. I was delighted to find this book and learn about Book Crossing. The story is lovely and the illustrations are simple but meaningful.

Journal Entry 4 by Calianna8 at Studio City, California USA on Saturday, December 30, 2023
My three children, Cam, Clara and Max were gifted this book for Christmas by their aunties in New Hampshire. We brought it home to CA where my 6 year old read it to his siblings en route to Palm Springs where we left the book for another family to enjoy