After The Funeral

by Agatha Christie | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingCassandra2020wing of Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on 7/14/2023
Journal Entry 1 by wingCassandra2020wing from Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, July 14, 2023
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. If you’re new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site (www.bookcrossing.com), please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free). If you join, you’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry for this specific copy of this book (other copies of the book are travelling with their own ID number. Every copy of every book has a unique ID).

I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using me, Cassandra2020, as your referring member. When you’ve finished reading this book and are ready to send it on its way again, make a journal entry then a release note: either 'controlled' if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or a 'wild' release if you are leaving it somewhere hoping for anyone to catch.

Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e mail each time someone makes another journal entry. It’s all confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and spam-free.

Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 2 by wingCassandra2020wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Released 7 mos ago (8/2/2023 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Although this book is registered at www.bookcrossing.com, you don't have to be a member. It's perfectly OK to just take the book and enjoy it. Of course, if you can visit the website and let us know that you've picked it up, that would be even better - you don't even have to join, you can add your comments anonymously - you can also post your review when you've read it, then return it or pass it on to someone else.

If you do join Bookcrossing, you'll be able to see what happens to it afterwards - for ever!

Journal Entry 3 by Triggerfish at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 2, 2023
Thank you Cassandra2020.

Journal Entry 4 by Triggerfish at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, November 19, 2023
Classic Christie with everyone gathered in the dining room to hear Poirot expose the baddie. The most unlikely motivation for murder that I’ve come across!

Journal Entry 5 by Triggerfish at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, November 25, 2023

Released 3 mos ago (11/26/2023 UTC) at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Released at meet up. Enjoy.

Journal Entry 6 by wingrainbow3wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Thanks Triggerfish and Cassandra2020 both. I picked this up at our meeting, the Edinburgh BookCrossers Old Gang Meet-Up at Biblos Bar & Restaurant, yesterday, Sunday. Happily, I can soon tuck this away for Christmas and be sure to have a Golden Age Period Mystery to look forward to!

Wonderful, on Sunday, to have the time with you both, however briefly, for a hello and a natter, that was fun!

After nearly everyone left, BookCrosser Diane-Fraser and I sat for a while then when I was alone I did a little BC admin on my phone. While sitting there in Biblos though I had taken the opportunity to ask some folk if they would like any books. Great success - I handed over two books to one of the wait staff and super great joy - a customer from Belgium returning there Monday took the SCOTTISH LEGENDS & MYTHS book I had registered with BookCrossing. You can imagine how thrilled I was!

I then I nipped around the two corners to the Bedlam Theatre LFL and deposited seven books, good thing too as it was almost empty. Till we meet again, Cheers rainbow3.

Journal Entry 7 by wingrainbow3wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, January 7, 2024
Just finished Christie's, After The Funeral I'd set aside for a Festive relaxing read. I found interesting, for many reasons.

Seems I read another copy of this in 2010 — whoa... a surprise! However, I'm not reading those notes till I get down my current thoughts. Enjoyed this a lot. What an ingenius plot, stuffed with red herrings, and facinating characters. Puzzled by a clear memory of my saying around the 1970s, to a chum Kay, I didn't like Agatha Christie as much as others seemed to. Think I was reading Kurt Vonegurt at the time, and thought it had more to say, or something? Honestly, I do wish I could recall why I wasn't so impressed by Christie as I am now? Curious.

Marking as RESERVED as I have a plan for it's release...