The Night Guest

by Fiona McFarlane | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Lizzy-stardust of Salford, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on 1/3/2023
Journal Entry 1 by Lizzy-stardust from Salford, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 3, 2023
A book that has probably been on my shelf over 5 years...now fianlly being registered.

Journal Entry 2 by Lizzy-stardust at Salford, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 10, 2023
This book was a bit of a slow burn. In fact, it took so long for the action to pick up that I almost abandoned it. But I'm glad I didn't. The writing was beautiful and evocative, and the characters were delightfully unreliable.

Frida was a proper witch, whom I enver trusted throughout, btu Ruth wasn't perfect herself. And what of the tiger?

This books oozed One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Dolores Claiborne vibes, as well as Misery.

Released 2 mos ago (3/24/2024 UTC) at Waterstone's, Deangate in Manchester, Greater Manchester United Kingdom

Released at the Manchester Bookcrossers meet-up in Cafe W at Waterstones

Journal Entry 4 by flurillo at Manchester, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Saturday, March 30, 2024
Picked up at the Bookcrossing meeting last week. Not my normal fare, but well written. Slow burn, and you can feel the tension building.

Released 3 wks ago (5/18/2024 UTC) at Salford Museum and Art Gallery in Manchester, Greater Manchester United Kingdom

To be released at the meeting or into the wild after.

Journal Entry 6 by Spartaca at Salford, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Sunday, May 19, 2024
Got this at the Manchester meeting on 18th May. I liked the description on the back. I have not heard of he author before, the blurb says this is her first published novel.