Gift for My Sister

by Ann Pearlman | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Shepparm of Buckingham, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on 12/29/2022
Journal Entry 1 by Shepparm from Buckingham, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 29, 2022
A story of how misunderstandings and beliefs from childhood can turn into issues in later life but they can be worked through. I really liked this book and the characters in it.

Journal Entry 2 by Shepparm at Buckingham, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 31, 2022

Released 1 yr ago (12/31/2022 UTC) at Buckingham, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom

Released via Christmas Book Box

Journal Entry 3 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, February 3, 2023
Arrived in the Christmas bookbox, thank you!

Journal Entry 4 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 14, 2023
Lawyer Sky has always been the good sister, working hard, doing well at school, coping with the loss of her father, and has always resented sister Tara, especially given how badly Tara's father treated her mum. Tara was the rebel, pregnant as a teenager by a boy from a young offender's prison. But then Sky's world is turned upside down, right at the same time as Tara and Aaron are finding success as rap musicians. As Tara and her crew help Sky move back to her mum's, the two start to reassess their relationship with each other. I found myself not really liking either of them very much: Sky seems a bit stuck up and a bit racist and the way she blames her sister for the actions of her father is horrible, but Tara seems really irresponsible and almost determined to take after her uncaring father. Also I am utterly horrified that a child is given CPR and then no one calls in any medical care - no one seems to care about the risks of secondary drowning or that she could have suffered permanent damage. Still, it's an easy read which manages to touch on some difficult subjects like race.

Journal Entry 5 by winggreenbadgerwing at Christmas Market in Bath, Somerset United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Released 2 mos ago (12/6/2023 UTC) at Christmas Market in Bath, Somerset United Kingdom

To the finder, enjoy, and I hope you will write a journal entry so that previous readers will know that this book has been found. It is always a joy to find where it has gone. You can remain anonymous but if you are interested in joining (free with no strings) please consider using greenbadger or anyone else who has journaled the book as your referrer.
I don't get anything from this except for the pleasure of watching my books travel and knowing that they are giving pleasure to others.
Keep the book for as long as you like, and when you are done with it please pass it on to a friend, or set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find as you did. When you pass this book along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it. Thank you.