Redemption Song

by Bertice Berry | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 034543885x Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingelizardbreathwing of Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on 12/20/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingelizardbreathwing from Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Tuesday, December 20, 2022
I purchased this from Helping Hands thrift store in Bentonville, Arkansas.

Journal Entry 2 by wingelizardbreathwing at Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Saturday, November 25, 2023
I have way more notes on this than I'll actually post here. I loved parts of this story, some parts were pretty contrived and preachy. Do I even want to give a review?

There's definitely a difference between the modern story that is told and the story within the story. The story of Iona and Joe is beautiful and heartbreaking. Didn't care so much for the modern story... but the whole thing was just super fast-paced to really enjoy much of anything. I wonder if this was done on purpose --- either it's a beginner author or it's meant to read like a folk tale that could easily be passed orally. And that's fine---folk tales and oral stories are not usually known for their character development.

While the story was clearly written to encourage? stir up? the Black community, the truth is that most of the sentiments in this book are applicable to humanity in general. I think understanding that concept will go a long way in having the kind of society that truly shows love to one another.

Journal Entry 3 by wingelizardbreathwing at Bookbox in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Released 2 mos ago (5/22/2024 UTC) at Bookbox in -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Releasing to the Books I've Read and Journaled Bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by Chicvolley99 at Denver, Colorado USA on Saturday, June 8, 2024
Received in the Books I've Read and Journaled Bookbox #3.

I will release this back into the box.

Journal Entry 5 by Chicvolley99 at Denver, Colorado USA on Sunday, June 9, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (6/9/2024 UTC) at Denver, Colorado USA

Released in the Books I've Read and Journaled Bookbox #3.

Please enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingQueen72wing at Hobbs, New Mexico USA on Thursday, June 13, 2024