The Five Lost Aunts of Harriet Bean

by Alexander McCall Smith | Children's Books |
ISBN: 159990053X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingSqueakyChuwing of Rockville, Maryland USA on 12/4/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingSqueakyChuwing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, December 4, 2022
This softcover (c. 1990) is from the second of three bags of books donated to the Little Free Library of Twinbrook (#7720) from my friend in New Boston, New Hampshire, USA. Thank you.

I'm releasing this book for...

***The December 2022 What's in a Name Challenge Release Challenge hosted by DragonGoddess. The book title contains the names HARRIET, BEA and BEAN. The name Bean is primarily a gender-neutral name of English origin that means Bean Farmer. The name Bea is primarily a female name of American origin that means Blessed.

---------------

Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 3 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Journal Entry 4 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, January 22, 2023

Released 1 wk ago (1/22/2023 UTC) at Rockville, Maryland USA

This book is now going to Bookcrosser 6of8 who assured me that she would help find this book a new place to travel. Off you go, little book!

---------------

Hello and welcome to BookCrossing ... where we make the whole world a library!

Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 5 by wing6of8wing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Wednesday, February 1, 2023
This book was one in a bag that Squeaky asked me to distribute for her. I was attracted by the title and then I saw the author and knew I had to read it. It is a very quick read and definitely for the younger set, but it was fun. Harriet discovers that she has 5 aunts she had never heard about who all have rhyming names ending in "-ica": Veronica, Harmonica, Majolica, Thessalonika, and Japonica. She uses the one special thing that she knows about each of them to track them down. It is surprisingly easy because they live fairly close together despite being separated from each other for years. There are definitely some aspects that show the books are not to be taken seriously, like the information that if someone sings while upside down, the audience must be upside down to understand the music, or the magnifying glasses that instantly translate foriegn languages. It was a bit of fluff but cute.