The Blood of Flowers

by Anita Amirrezvani | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by leah152 of Bunbury, Western Australia Australia on 12/1/2022
Journal Entry 1 by leah152 from Bunbury, Western Australia Australia on Thursday, December 1, 2022
Set in seventeenth-century Iran, The Blood of Flowers is the powerful and haunting story of a young girl's journey from innocence to adulthood.

The novel begins in the 1620s in a remote village where the narrator (whose name, in the Iranian storytelling tradition, we are never to know) lives with her mother and rug-maker father. On the sudden death of her father, our heroine and her mother fall upon hard times and are forced to travel to the bustling, beautiful, exotic city of Isfahan where relatives take them in.
Everything is new: the grudging charity of her aunt, the encouragement of her uncle, one of the finest carpet-makers in the world, who begins to teach her his craft, the treacherous friendship of the daughter of rich neighbours. And there's an adventure ahead which will introduce her to the sensual side of life as well as to the cruelty of betrayal and rejection before she finds her way to contentment and possibly, even, to happiness, in a world full of contrasts and dangers.

Journal Entry 2 by leah152 at -- Controlled Release, New South Wales Australia on Friday, December 9, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (12/10/2022 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, New South Wales Australia

Thankyou for choosing this book! I'm so glad you're checking out what all this bookcrossing business is about! Please enjoy the book then if you'd like, leave a journal entry & let us know what you think. If you love the book you're welcome to it but if you want to join in the fun release the book somewhere else & leave a journal entry letting us know where you left it.
Ps, if you join bookcrossing you get to see where the book gets to on its journey!

Journal Entry 3 by wingmeganhwing at Preston, Victoria Australia on Monday, December 19, 2022
Thank you for this (four year old Wishlist) book. I look forward to reading it.