Mutual Admiration Society

by Mo Moulton | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by wingReallyBookishwing of Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on 11/28/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingReallyBookishwing from Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, November 28, 2022
Read in July of 2020

I’ve come to realize that I particularly enjoy nonfiction about the intellectual lives of twentieth century women. Examples of books that fit this category include Code Girls by Liza Mundy and Square Haunting by Francesca Wade. While this book didn’t quite live up to those two for me, it was still an excellent and fascinating read. The book centers on a group of Somerville College (Oxford) students beginning around 1912 and their lives and careers after graduation. The most famous of the women is author Dorothy Sayers, but the book also draws in-depth portraits of her compatriots Charis Barnett Frankenburg, Muriel St. Clare Byrne, and Dorothy Rowe, along with other women in their circle.

Journal Entry 2 by wingReallyBookishwing at RABCK, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases on Monday, November 28, 2022

Released 2 mos ago (11/29/2022 UTC) at RABCK, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases

Sending in a box of books. As always, no pressure to read the books before releasing. Do as you please with them! I thought the Dorothy Sayers connection of this one might interest you.

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, December 1, 2022
The box of RABCKs arrived safely on this blustery, cold day; many thanks! This one definitely sounds interesting.