On the black hill

by Bruce Chatwin | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by leah152 of Bunbury, Western Australia Australia on 11/24/2022
Journal Entry 1 by leah152 from Bunbury, Western Australia Australia on Thursday, November 24, 2022
On the Black Hill is an elegantly written tale of identical twin brothers who grow up on a farm in rural Wales and never leave home. They till the rough soil and sleep in the same bed, touched only occasionally by the advances of the 20th century.

In depicting the lives of Benjamin and Lewis and their interactions with their small local community Chatwin comments movingly on the larger questions of human experience.

Journal Entry 2 by leah152 at -- Controlled Releases --, Western Australia Australia on Thursday, November 24, 2022

Released 2 mos ago (11/25/2022 UTC) at -- Controlled Releases --, Western Australia Australia

Thankyou for choosing this book! I'm so glad you're checking out what all this bookcrossing business is about! Please enjoy the book then if you'd like, leave a journal entry & let us know what you think. If you love the book you're welcome to it but if you want to join in the fun release the book somewhere else & leave a journal entry letting us know where you left it.
Ps, if you join bookcrossing you get to see where the book gets to on its journey!

Journal Entry 3 by leah152 at -- Controlled Releases --, Western Australia Australia on Thursday, November 24, 2022

Journal Entry 4 by wingJean-Solwing at Ascot Vale, Victoria Australia on Thursday, December 8, 2022
This was a surprise travelling companion to the OZ VBB selection from leah152 and I am so excited about it because I've always meant to read something by Chatwin but never quite got round to it. Looks like I have my work cut out now! Thanks for sending it to me.