Snakehead

by Anthony Horowitz | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by BookGroupMan of Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on 11/17/2022
Journal Entry 1 by BookGroupMan from Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 17, 2022
No.7 in the series ... which includes a useful early summary of Alex Rider's adventures - he's had a busy 8 months! More of the same.

(22/11/22) *Includes spoilers*
Book No.7 starts with Alex crashing down to earth from space (Sky Ark) and finishes with him back at school … the 300+ pages of nonsense in between defy logic and would provide the material for about 4 Bond films. I won’t even try to fully explain the plot, except to say that Snakehead is an Asian crime syndicate (linked to our old friends Scorpia), with interests in people smuggling & organ harvesting, fronted by a toy business! AR goes under cover with the Australian secret service and hangs out with their SAS, there’s also a big bomb, an evil genius and a dastardly plot to foil (of course), a container ship, a rapids ride, illegal boxing etc. etc. As well as all the above, Alex continues to find more about his family, in this case via a godfather [fallen] spy called Ash who comes out of the woodwork with a bizarre landmine test. As I say, all bonkers, but good fun.

Journal Entry 2 by BookGroupMan at Chester Market in Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Saturday, November 26, 2022

Released 2 mos ago (11/26/2022 UTC) at Chester Market in Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom

I'm taking this to the 'new' Chester Market ... to leave in a quiet(!) spot. If you find this, welcome to book crossing.