My Dog Skip

by Willie Morris | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by Azuki of Miami, Florida USA on 11/7/2022
Journal Entry 1 by Azuki from Miami, Florida USA on Monday, November 7, 2022
The dog-and-boy memoir of Morris growing up in the 1940s. It's quite hard to imagine that his grand aunts lived through the civil war!! His dog Skip is his buddy, his brother, his partner in crime. It's filled with nostalgia of a by-gone past in a sleepy small town, though it's also a town with segregation and values not quite PC by today's standard. It's nostalgic but not sappy or tear-inducing.

Journal Entry 2 by Azuki at Village Bakery in Mui Wo, Lantau Island Hong Kong on Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Released 3 mos ago (11/11/2022 UTC) at Village Bakery in Mui Wo, Lantau Island Hong Kong

Visiting Mui Wo since my high school days? Glad to meeet up with BC friends and check out the BookCrossing Zone in the bakery.

Hi! How wonderful you've found one of my books! Thank you so much for checking out the journal. I would really appreciate if you can take a moment to let me know you have it now. Trust me, it'll totally make my day to hear from one of my "wild" books.

Bookcrossing is a wonderful online community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. We are also curious to see how far and wide our books can travel. I would appreciate if you can make a journal entry on this book so we know where the book has been. You don't have to set up an account.

Feel free to keep this book, return it to where you found it, or pass it on to the next reader. If you sign up as a member, you will hear from the book as it travels and gets journaled. Feel free to explore the BookCrossing site, and visit our forum to meet other booklovers. Membership is confidential, free, and spam-free. Happy reading!