The Riptide Ultra-Glide

by Tim Dorsey | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0062092804 Global Overview for this book
Registered by brazosfalls of Rockwall, Texas USA on 9/18/2022
Journal Entry 1 by brazosfalls from Rockwall, Texas USA on Sunday, September 18, 2022

Journal Entry 2 by brazosfalls at Rockwall, Texas USA on Sunday, September 18, 2022
I have previously read many Tim Dorsey books. They are "offbeat and funny". That is the case with this one here. I continue to buy more of his books, so that means I like them a lot.

Here are some comments from professional reviewers/authors:

"Pure Gonzo humor" - New York Times Book Review

"Gut busting.....wickedly fun" - Entertainment Weekly

"I guarantee Dorsey will never win the Nobel Peace Prize for literature----he's far too funny." - Richmond Times-Dispatch

"Dorsey fans clamor for Serge. Dexter just can't compete with this guy.....explosive" - Miami Herald

Here is a synopsis of this book from the inside cover of the book:

Welcome to paradise! Freshly laid off Wisconsinites Patrick and Barbara McDougall are going to sunny Florida for a modest romantic vacation. But the motel they picked isn't quite pastel paradise, and they have to be Midwesterners and make the best of a bad situation. Except bad goes to worse, and a string of misfortunes render them unable to leave the state.

Meanwhile, the next Mexican-American War is being fought, this time in Ft Lauderdale, between the Kentucky mafia and the Oxy cartel over control of the lucrative pain clinic market. Latinos are turning up dead, hillbillies are wandering the beach trampling sandcastles, and cops continue arresting doctors wriggling out of office windows.

But it's never a party until Serge and Coleman arrive. Cruising down U. S. 1, Captain Florida and his perpetually altered sidekick are on a mission to film the best reality show ever.

Back at their motel, the McDougalls are peeking out thier curtains. They've become very popular, especially with Serge, who believes he's found the perfect stars for the pilot of his new TV series.

Are the McDougalls safer with Serge or should they take their chances on the mean streets?
Will Coleman get tired of signing autographs?
Can pelicans be used as murder weapons?
Is time running out for our heroes?
And, finally, the question still on everyone's lips: What's up with Florida?

Stay tuned for all the answers in....The Riptide Ultro-Guide!

This book will be left in the ship's library (passenger book exchange).

I very much enjoyed this book and hope you will too, if you are fortunate to come across "The Riptide Ultra-Glide".

Good reading to you!!! Cheers!!