Queenie

by Candice Carty-Williams | Women's Fiction |
Registered by KKslibrary of Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on 9/6/2022
Journal Entry 1 by KKslibrary from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, September 6, 2022
I almost did not finish this book, the first half is not that great, but it did improve, which is why it got 2 stars instead of 1. Queenie is a 25 year old woman from a Jamaican family and she is on a break from her white boyfriend, Tom. She is working as a journalist and spends a lot of time talking to her friend Darcy at work, rather than getting on with her job. She has a group chat that includes Darcy and her other two friends, Cassandra and Kyazike. She has sex with random men to fill the gap left by Tom. She ends up having a breakdown and has some counselling, and this is when we get to know her better and understand some of her behaviour. Queenie drove me nuts, she was very needy, and just needed to grow up.

Journal Entry 2 by KKslibrary at Redgum Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Released 2 mos ago (12/1/2022 UTC) at Redgum Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia

To be released at meetup

Journal Entry 3 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Thursday, December 1, 2022
Caught at Redgum Cafe.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Saturday, December 24, 2022
After a slow, somewhat rocky, beginning this story suddenly captured me. There is so much ground covered, from dealing with anxiety and self-loathing to complicated families and learning to let go of things, including certain people. An engaging read.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmarmee463wing at McDonald's Book Exchange Shelf in Nunawading, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Released 1 wk ago (1/20/2023 UTC) at McDonald's Book Exchange Shelf in Nunawading, Victoria Australia

To the finder of this book -
Please let me know it is in safe hands by journalling that you have caught it, you are under no obligation to read it and Bookcrossing is completely anonymous.