Some Days

by Author of Each day a new beginning | Health, Mind & Body |
Registered by wingCordelia-annewing of Decatur, Georgia USA on 8/27/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingCordelia-annewing from Decatur, Georgia USA on Saturday, August 27, 2022
I journal so this anonymous author's book of journal entries intrigued me. I found this in the clearance section of a local used book store. This book from 1990 is about "recovery" in a 12-Step program. It was published by Hazelden, the recovery center up in the Midwest. Looking to update the cover, I found the author's name is Karen Casey. I tracked her down here: https://www.womens-spirituality.com/?page_id=583

Her "devotion" to the controversial COURSE IN MIRACLES is a red flag for me. I don't know if I will read this after all.

Later: Karen Casey's journaling practice helped her to recovery in a 12-Step program and she compiled many meditation books like this one that have been comforting to millions of people. She is a bestselling author. Personally at this juncture of my life, I find her entries superficial. For those new in 12-step recovery however I can see how her approach could be hopeful and helpful. May this book soon find the right reader.

Journal Entry 2 by wingCordelia-annewing at LFL - Garden Lane (184) #71359 in Decatur, Georgia USA on Saturday, August 27, 2022

Released 1 yr ago (8/28/2022 UTC) at LFL - Garden Lane (184) #71359 in Decatur, Georgia USA

Hello! This a gift from BookCrossing, a random community of book lovers. If you'd like to join the BookCrossing story of this book, please make a journal entry at our site with the BCID (bookcrossing ID) on the bookplate. BookCrossing is free to join and confidential. You don't have to join to comment.

Journal Entry 3 by wingCordelia-annewing at Decatur, Georgia USA on Thursday, April 25, 2024
Stopping by the Garden Lane Little Free Library today, I observed that this book was chosen by a reader. May it have happy BookCrossing adventures.