Half of a Yellow Sun

Registered by slipperbunny of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 7/26/2022
Journal Entry 1 by slipperbunny from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, July 26, 2022
Different cover.
"With effortless grace, celebrated author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie illuminates a seminal moment in modern African history: Biafra's impassioned struggle to establish an independent republic in southeastern Nigeria during the late 1960s. We experience this tumultuous decade alongside five unforgettable characters: Ugwu, a thirteen-year-old houseboy who works for Odenigbo, a university professor full of revolutionary zeal; Olanna, the professor’s beautiful young mistress who has abandoned her life in Lagos for a dusty town and her lover’s charm; and Richard, a shy young Englishman infatuated with Olanna’s willful twin sister Kainene. Half of a Yellow Sun is a tremendously evocative novel of the promise, hope, and disappointment of the Biafran war."

I read this last year and liked it a lot.

Journal Entry 2 by slipperbunny at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Released 1 yr ago (7/28/2022 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Rantakassi-kirjana eteenpäin!

Journal Entry 3 by wingLiskoMiettinenwing at Jyväskylä, Keski-Suomi / Mellersta Finland Finland on Tuesday, August 2, 2022
Kiitos kirjasta.

Olen tämän joo tosiaan lukenut. Pitääpä katsoa tuleeko katseltua joitain kohtia uudestaan. On nimittäin yksi lempikirjailijani kirja.

Released 4 wks ago (4/20/2024 UTC) at BC 2024 Convention in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Convention release.

Journal Entry 5 by wingLivrespublicwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, April 20, 2024
Thanks for bringing this book to Tampere.
I brought another book ( Purple Hibiscus)of this Nigerian author which I find very good.

This book was on my wishlist, so I had to take it.
It will travel with me to France to be read there.