Save Me

by Lisa Scottoline | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by crossingguardma of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 7/16/2022
Journal Entry 1 by crossingguardma from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 16, 2022
I picked this up at a Little Free Library in Carbon, Alberta.

From the internet: Nobody could have foreseen what would happen the day that Rose McKenna volunteers as a lunch mom in the cafeteria of her daughter's elementary school. Rose does it to keep a discreet eye on her third-grader, Melly, a sweet, if shy, child who was born with a facial birthmark that has become her own personal bull's-eye. Melly has been targeted by the mean girl at their new school and gets bullied every day, placing Rose in a no-win position familiar to parents everywhere. Do we step in to protect our children when they need us, or does that make things worse?

When the bully starts to tease Melly yet again. Rose is about to leap into action―but right then, the unthinkable happens. Rose finds herself in a nightmare, faced with an emergency decision that no mother should ever have to make. What she decides in that split second derails Rose's life and jeopardizes everyone she holds dear, until she takes matters into her own hands and lays her life on the line to save her child, her family, her marriage―and herself.

Journal Entry 2 by crossingguardma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 16, 2022
At first I really liked this book. Drew me in right away. Then I was disgusted by how Rose was treated and almost put the book down. Then it took a complete turn and I was caught up again. I am glad I stuck it out!

Journal Entry 3 by crossingguardma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (8/10/2022 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

We were invited to play cards at Sing-songs and we did a book exchange as well! Thanks Sing song!

Journal Entry 4 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, August 10, 2022
Had a card game with Barb tonight, so she returned some books and brought more to add to my shelf.