The Rose Code

by Kate Quinn | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by dvg of Toms River, New Jersey USA on 6/30/2022
Journal Entry 1 by dvg from Toms River, New Jersey USA on Thursday, June 30, 2022
I was surprised to find this title at a local thrift shop. Put near the top of Mt. TBR.
Promised to NancyNova as part of the Wishlist Tag Game.

Journal Entry 2 by dvg at Toms River, New Jersey USA on Friday, July 8, 2022
This was the first book by the author that I have read. I enjoyed the story of three women, their lives war, family, friendship and love. These ladies discover just how smart and strong they are and I found them so interesting. The story well researched and well written. There are parts, however, that I thought it dragged a bit. I say, keep reading. I look forward to reading more by this author.

Journal Entry 3 by dvg at Wishlist Tag Game, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, July 8, 2022

Released 1 yr ago (7/9/2022 UTC) at Wishlist Tag Game, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Now traveling to a BCer as part of the wishlist tag game! I hope you enjoy the read.
Happy Reading and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 4 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, July 17, 2022
book arrived. Thanks!

Journal Entry 5 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, January 19, 2023
rabck from dvg; three women from different social standings are recruited for codebreaking at Bletchley Park during WWII. Osla is a socialite who is dating Prince Philip of Greece. Mab is a social climbing working class girl. The two bunk at Mrs. Finch's home, where they meet Beth who has been told that she is slow, but is actually a whip at crossword puzzles....and cracking codes. The story flits back and forth between the war years, and a small period of time leading up to Prince Philip & the royal wedding to Elizabeth. During the war, Beth is committed to an asylum and Osla & Mab don't really question it. After the war, Beth finally is able to sneak out a coded message to Mab & Osla. The ending and who was the traitor was a bit trite, but the coding years portions were engrossing. Between Silk and Cyanide is an excellent parallel book written by one of the Bletchley Park exiles, who was sent to SOE for codebreaking instead. It has lots of pictures of coded and uncoded messages.

Journal Entry 6 by wingNancyNovawing at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Thursday, January 19, 2023

Released 1 yr ago (1/19/2023 UTC) at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

If you aren't familiar with Bookcrossing, take a few minutes to check out this very cool site. Bookcrossers LOVE books, and more than anything, they love to read books and then set them free for other people to find and enjoy. I would love it if you would leave a journal entry -- you can say where you found the book or how you liked it when you read it. Then, when you are ready, pass it along for someone else to enjoy!
Thanks and happy reading!

Journal Entry 7 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Tuesday, January 31, 2023
This book was waiting for me when I returned home from my weekend getaway. Thank you for the wishlist tag.

Journal Entry 8 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Monday, May 20, 2024
Another historical fiction set during WWII. I was unaware of Bletchley Park and the code breakers and the part it played during the war. This was a well researched book.

Journal Entry 9 by dabercro at Wish list tag, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Released 4 wks ago (5/21/2024 UTC) at Wish list tag, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Wishlist tag sent to ILuvToRead2 in IL.

Journal Entry 10 by ILuvToRead2 at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings --, Illinois USA on Tuesday, May 28, 2024
Received in the mail. Thank you!