Lilac Girls

by Martha Hall Kelly | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by tabby-cat-owner of Bellingham, Washington USA on 6/25/2022
Journal Entry 1 by tabby-cat-owner from Bellingham, Washington USA on Saturday, June 25, 2022
Caroline Ferriday is a former Broadway actress and liaison to the French consulate whose life is forever changed when Hitler's army invades Poland in September 1939--and then sets its sights on France. An ocean away from Caroline, Kasia Kuzmerick, a Polish teenager, seeks deeper into her role as a courier for the underground resistance movement. In Germany, Herta Oberheuser, a young doctor, answers an ad for a government medical position--only to find herself trapped in a male-dominated realm of Nazi secrets and power. The lives of these three women are set on a collision course when the unthinkable happens and Kasia is sent to Ravensbruck, the Nazi concentration for women. Their stories cross continents, as Caroline and Kasia strive to bring justice to those whom history has forgotten.

Released 1 mo ago (7/1/2022 UTC) at A Sweepstakes Winner, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases

This book has been sent to bamaforever of Alabama who won the Colorful surprise sweeps. The color for this sweeps is purple.

Journal Entry 3 by bamaforever at Clanton, Alabama USA on Wednesday, July 6, 2022
Thank you so much for this book and the other purple goodies. I can't seem to see the optical illusion on the postcard. I think it's because I can't keep myself from blinking for long enough lol. I'm going to ask my husband and daughter to try.