Murder Under the Christmas Tree

Hello there!
by Cecily Gayford, Ed | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingrainbow3wing of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 11/23/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingrainbow3wing from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 23, 2022
BLURB:
Ten Classic Stories for the Festive Season

Christmas is a time of goodwill to all men ... or is it?

As the nights draw in, throw another log on the fire and settle back into your armchair to enjoy this collection of ten classic Christmas mysteries, in which crime's best known sleuths, from Rebus to Holmes and Cadfael to Father Brown, uncover murder and mayhem galore.

Whether it's a Christmas goose with a surprising secret cargo, a murdered pantomime dame, or a killer who departs the scene of the crime without leaving a single footprint, these stories will puzzle and delight in equal measure. And along the way, there'll be enough carols and Christmas pudding, mistletoe and mulled wine, to warm the heart of a stone-cold killer ... perhaps.

MURDER UNDER THE CHRISTMAS TREE by CECILY GAYFORD, Ed. (2016) | ISBN: 1781257914 / 9781781257913 (UK PB) | Publisher: Profile Books

Journal Entry 2 by wingrainbow3wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 29, 2022
Ten tales, from brilliantly seasoned hands. Some short stories, a glorious treat to read when time is sometimes snatched from between the teeth of pressing timely tasks. Enjoy! Quick thoughts in italics.

The Necklace of Pearls — Dorothy L Sayers
Fiendishly Festive!
The Name on the Window — Edmund Crispin
Cool and inconsequent
A Traditional Christmas — Val McDermid
A notably remarkable tree!
The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle — Arthur Conan Doyle
Slightly dated, nicely ghostly
The Case is Altered — Margery Allingham
Cheering resolve
The Price of Light — Ellis Peters
A bright warm glory of a story to finish!

Marking as reserved for the next readers.

Journal Entry 3 by wingrainbow3wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, February 5, 2023

Released 1 yr ago (1/27/2023 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Off into the post, Friday 27 Jan, to Flutterbies9 and already at its destination, —apologies for it's delayed arrival— a 2022 BookCrossing, Advent Book Box, containing this selection of eight books from my list of twenty-four:

1. —(2.) AN UNFORTUNATE CHRISTMAS MURDER - Hannah Hendy.
2. —(3.) THE MISTLETOE MURDER - P. D. James
3. —(4.) MURDER UNDER THE CHRISTMAS TREE - Cecily Gayford, Ed
4. —(6.) THE CHRISTMAS TRAIN - David Baldacci
5. —(7.) MURDER IN THE SNOW - Gladys Mitchell
6. —(11.) ANTHRAX ISLAND - D. L. Marshall
7. —(20.) THE ICE HOTEL - Hania Allen
8. —(23.) LOUISE'S CHANCE - Sarah R. Shaber

Journal Entry 4 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Monday, February 6, 2023
This arrived in a parcel from rainbow3 as part of the Christmas Advent calendar of books 2022. Thanks.

and again, another of these I like to travel with as snatched moments thrill with short tales from well known authors (you know they are going to be good!).

Journal Entry 5 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Thursday, November 30, 2023
Well, I did not read this when it travelled with me this year, so I thought I would complete this and send it out at the appropriate seasonal time instead.

These were a veritable tasty treat from some well known authors which I thoroughly enjoyed. Rainbow3 has so very neatly summarised all the stories feelings - with which I totally agree - so I will not digress further except to say :
Happy travels little book.

A lovely treat of short tales on a Christmas theme from some exceptionally well known authors of (mostly) crime genres.

Journal Entry 6 by Flutterbies9 at Book Box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Thursday, November 30, 2023

Released 2 mos ago (12/1/2023 UTC) at Book Box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Released into the Crime Bookbox for the next round.

Although I meant to get this bookbox away last Friday, life circumstances meant it has been delayed a week, so it is starting on the 1st December rather than the end of November.

Journal Entry 7 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, December 4, 2023
Taken from the Crime/Mystery Bookbox

Journal Entry 8 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 10, 2024
Earmarked for taking on my jollies (depending on how many books I can cram in my case!) but if it does go with me, it won't be coming back! It's destined to be released somewhere along the east coast of Florida so if you're reading this PLEASE let me know where you found it or how it got to you - it would be much appreciated.

I will up-date here with a review & actual release details on my return. Watch this space.... ;o)