Happy-Go-Lucky

by David Sedaris | Humor | This book has not been rated.
Registered by juliebarreto of Puako, Hawaii USA on 6/19/2022
Journal Entry 1 by juliebarreto from Puako, Hawaii USA on Sunday, June 19, 2022
Picked up this 259 page 2022 hardback at the Ventura Barnes & Noble consoling myself with being person #37 at the Hokuloa practice.

21 June 2022 -

"Neither Amy nor I care about the news anymore, at least the political news. I am vaguely aware that Andrew Cuomo has fallen out of favor, and that people who aren't me will be receiving government checks for some reason or other, but that's about it. When Trump was president I started every morning by reading the New York times, followed by the Washington Post, and would track both papers' websites regularly throughout the day. To be less than vigilant was to fall behind, and was there anything worse than not knowing what Stephen Miller just said about Wisconsin? My friend Mike likened this constant monitoring to having a second job. It was exhausting, and the moment Biden was sworn in to office, I let it all go. When the new president speaks, I feel the way I do on a plane when the pilot announces that after reaching our cruising altitude he will head due north, or take a left at Lake Erie. You don't need to tell me about your job, I always think. Just, you know, do it."