The Miracle at Speedy Motors

by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingrussbaumwing of Barnet, Greater London United Kingdom on 6/4/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingrussbaumwing from Barnet, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, June 4, 2022
THE NINTH BOOK IN THE BELOVED NO. 1 LADIES' DETECTIVE AGENCY SERIES

The one with the poison pen letter . . .

For the first time in her career as Botswana's no. 1 lady detective, Mma Ramotswe suffers a blow to her faith in the goodness of humanity (and of her neighbours in particular) when she receives a threatening letter. But she does not let this swerve her from the sad plight of an orphan who hopes to find her true family.

Meanwhile, at Zebra Drive, Mma Ramotswe's beloved husband Mr J. L. B. Matekoni is also searching for an expensive miracle for their own foster daughter Motholeli.

Journal Entry 2 by wingrussbaumwing at Barnet, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, June 4, 2022
Welcome to BookCrossing! The home of travelling books...

Thank you so much for picking up this book and visiting the website. Please make a journal entry here on this page if you haven’t already done so to let me know that this book has found a good home.

If you decide to join BookCrossing (it’s free, confidential, you are only known by your screen name and your e-mail address is never given out) please say "russbaum" sent you.

I really hope you enjoy the book you found! When you’re done reading it, you can make another journal entry with your comments here to let me know what you thought of it.

You can keep the book forever and ever or pass it on to someone else. If you’re giving it to someone directly, make another journal entry saying so. If you choose to leave it somewhere “in the wild” for anyone to catch, make release notes that indicate where you left it. If you register, you will be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry.

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

Happy Book-crossing...

Russbaum

Journal Entry 3 by wingrussbaumwing at Barnet, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, June 20, 2022

Released 3 mos ago (6/20/2022 UTC) at Barnet, Greater London United Kingdom

Posted from London, UK to Potters Bar, UK to kirstykat, as a Bookcrossing 2022 Birthday RABCK.
Hope it arrives safely.

Journal Entry 4 by kirstykat at Potters Bar, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 2, 2022
Thank you Russbaum for this book for my birthday. I do enjoy a cosy Alexander McCall Smith novel!

Journal Entry 5 by kirstykat at Potters Bar, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, August 19, 2022
Fantastic! Alexander McCall Smith has written this installment of Mma Ramotswe's life in his usual light and witty way.
This is a delightful read, and has cheered me up no end!
I now have my reading mojo back!