With All Due Respect

by Nikki R. Haley | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by winghaahaahaa98wing of Watertown, Massachusetts USA on 5/15/2022
Journal Entry 1 by winghaahaahaa98wing from Watertown, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, May 15, 2022
Read and to be released.

UPD: review here ~

With All Due Respect: Defending America with Grit and GraceWith All Due Respect: Defending America with Grit and Grace by Nikki R. Haley

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Fairly well-argued view on how as UN ambassador for the Trump administration, Haley works to guide the US to participate in a different way in the international community. She rightfully calls out dictators in North Korea, South Sudan, and Venezuela for human rights abuses and atrocities. Indeed it does seem like the UN needs to get through the red tape to be more efficient and effective. But there is a fundamental contradiction between insisting on US sovereignty and then critiquing the high bar necessary for votes to pass on the security council.

As expected, there was no remorse provided on the US's role as an imperialist nation, using e.g. the CIA to depose Central American regimes.

Also suggesting to readers that choices between capitalist democracy and socialist dictatorship seems like a false dichotomy. Sweden anyone?

Though some of her viewpoints seem simplistic, she does make some good points, and future representatives to multilateral coalition bodies like the UN would be well served to read up on sovereigntist views like Haley's.

Released 1 mo ago (5/17/2022 UTC) at Little Free Library (Shore Road at Thamesridge Park) in London, Ontario Canada

Beautiful Little Free Library next to quaint park and playground. Enjoy!

**********************************

Welcome to Bookcrossing! Please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has been caught so I know that it has found a good home with you. If you are new to BookCrossing, when you join please indicate that you were referred by haahaahaa98. I hope that you enjoy the book. You can make another journal entry with your comments when you are done reading.

I hope that you will enjoy the BookCrossing experience!

P.S. And if you find yourself liking BookCrossing, Boston has an active group of BookCrossers who meet monthly. Check the meetup.com site (keyword Boston Bookcrossing) for details!

***********************************

Journal Entry 3 by Comet66 at London, Ontario Canada on Thursday, June 9, 2022
Nice little read on a cruise.

Journal Entry 4 by Comet66 at London, Ontario Canada on Thursday, June 9, 2022
Thank you for the nice comment on our little library. My wife Kate installed and maintains it. I borrowed it to read on a cruise to Bermuda and Charleston SC and plan on passing it along to a fellow cruiser. No libraries on ships any more.