Now You See Me

by Chris McGeorge | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by winggreenbadgerwing of St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on 5/12/2022
Journal Entry 1 by winggreenbadgerwing from St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 12, 2022
A very unusual locked-room mystery where the room in question is a canal tunnel taking two hours to go through! Matthew McConnell goes in with his five best friends, but only he comes out the other side. When author Robin Ferringham gets a mysterious phone call, he goes to investigate what happened as his only hope of a clue about what has happened to his missing wife. Some of the plot is a bit odd, for example I never quite understood how Sally fit in, but I still found this a really gripping read.

Journal Entry 2 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Monday, May 16, 2022
This will travel as a ray:
Poodlesister
earthcaroleanne
rahar109
yorkshire-lass

Please bring to the Uncon to be sent on to:
penelopewanders
Icila

Journal Entry 3 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (5/17/2022 UTC) at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

Posted to Poodlesister.

Journal Entry 4 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, May 20, 2022
Thanks for the ray book and the postcard!

Journal Entry 5 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, May 27, 2022
I got really into this book after a few chapters. Looking forward to the author talk.

Journal Entry 6 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Friday, May 27, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (5/28/2022 UTC) at Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

This will go to earthcaroleanne with a roundabout book.

Join UK Bookcrossers at the Newcastle Unconvention from 29th-31st July 2022

Journal Entry 7 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, June 2, 2022
Thank you. This arrived in a package with so many other goodies - I don't know where to start. So many thank yous....

Journal Entry 8 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, June 17, 2022
I usually read on my commute and this book got me annoyed because I wanted to keep reading instead of arriving at my destination. It’s one of the few books I’ve had when I settle down to read at home. It's a classic ‘locked door’ mystery with a number of twists. None of them were too far fetched but I didn’t really understand the important one. The main protagonist is a likeable character who deserves sympathy and understanding, although his 'habit' of being knocked unconscious was just a little bit irritating. It had the perfect amount of tension and mystery for me and always left you unsure of which characters you could trust.

This is his second book and I'm off to look for the first - and there are three more after that.

Journal Entry 9 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, June 19, 2022

Released 1 wk ago (6/21/2022 UTC) at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom

Sending on in the bookray.

Journal Entry 10 by wingrahar109wing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 22, 2022
This is now with me.

Journal Entry 11 by wingrahar109wing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, June 26, 2022
A "locked room" mystery with a difference. I found the first half of the book a bit slow and ho-hum, but it picked up in the second half and I had to keep reading to see how it happened.

Journal Entry 12 by wingrahar109wing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, June 26, 2022

Released 6 days ago (6/26/2022 UTC) at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom

On its way to the next reader.

Journal Entry 13 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 29, 2022
Safely with me, I am in the middle of a book at the moment, as soon as I've finishsed it I will start on this one. Looking forward to it :-)