The Stopped Heart

by Julie Myerson | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingNu-Kneeswing of Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 5/10/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingNu-Kneeswing from Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 10, 2022
Knaresborough Library were offering their discard books for sale at 3 for a suggestion donation of £1 yesterday. I included this one in my 3 because I've read a couple of novels by this author before, although probably not for a decade or so - and it's even longer since I saw/heard her speak on an author panel in London which I think was associated with the BBC Big Read - in 2003 if I remember rightly.

Journal Entry 2 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 27, 2022
It only took a few pages for me to realise that this wasn't a good choice for me and I gave up at the end of the first chapter, not at ease with the all-pervading sense of threat and menace, that something awful's going to happen - and that something already has . . .

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Phonebox Library☎️ in Roecliffe, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, August 19, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (8/19/2022 UTC) at Phonebox Library☎️ in Roecliffe, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

This is one of the books I swapped during a sunny ride out this afternoon :-)

Nearly two million people around the world give their books a unique BookCrossing IDentity number (BCID) before sending them out to find new readers. Since the start of the scheme in April 2001 over thirteen million such books have been put into circulation. This is one of them!

Our hope is that we can track the progress of our books once they've left our hands - and that's possible if finders like you visit the website, key in the BCID and leave a comment, however long or short. It's fun, it doesn't have to cost anything, although the site always appreciates donations towards running costs, and you can remain anonymous if you wish. You don't have to join but if you do you'll be able to number and track your own books!