The Midnight Watch

by David Dyer | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingBookworm-ladywing of Madrid, Madrid Spain on 5/10/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Tuesday, May 10, 2022
"A tale of hubris, of a vanished world, of a thousand near-misses that could have started tragedy... Passionate and gripping." (Financial Times)

"As the world wakes to the tragedy of the sinking of the Titanic, down-on-his-luck reporter John Steadman gets the scent of a sensational story. There was a ship that witnessed the Titanic go down... and did nothing to come to its aid. As Steadman doggedly investigates the crew of the ship, he uncovers a strange and tense relationship between the captain and second officer. He suspects that the two men are the key to what happened that night, and he wants to know what could have made them stand by as fifteen-hundred lives were lost to the waters of the North Atlantic..."

This is a Birthday Group book sent to me by ILuvToRead2; thank you very much for sending me this WishList book, I am registering it for you as requested.
By the way, it is an ex-library book which once was in the shelves of the East Renfrewshire Library (that's in Scotland, I looked it up)... I love books with history! :)