What Falls Between the Cracks

by Robert Scragg | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by winggreenbadgerwing of St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on 5/6/2022
Journal Entry 1 by winggreenbadgerwing from St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, May 6, 2022
When a maintenance man finds a severed hand in a long-abandonned flat, DI Jake Porter and partner DS Nick Styles are on the case. Why has Natasha Barclay been missing for so long with no one reporting her gone? The case quickly gets tied in to a drugs investigation being run by some colleagues, and internal politics start to hinder the case - of course there's a picture of the deputy commissioner cosying up to the head of the crime gang, ostensibly a pillar of the local community. This took me a few pages to get into but ended up being one I couldn't put down.

Journal Entry 2 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, May 13, 2022
This will travel as a ray:

earthcaroleanne
Poodlesister
rahar109
yorkshire-lass

Please bring to the Uncon to be sent on to:
penelopewanders

Journal Entry 3 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Released 2 mos ago (5/17/2022 UTC) at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

Posted to earthcaroleanne.

Journal Entry 4 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 25, 2022
Sorry, this arrived a couple of days ago. It must have fallen between the cracks. :-)

Journal Entry 5 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, June 10, 2022
The policing of Porter and his partner Styles felt real and the police corruption believable. However, the plot of this crime novel is complex and when it jumped from present to past I had to think a little about whose life I was reading about. The use of surnames in the present and first names in the past helps with the ‘whodunit?’ mystery. The pace really increased with the chase through the warehouse and I was hooked reading to the end as soon as I could. Got really annoyed when the train arrived and I had to stop. I’d happily pick up book two.

Journal Entry 6 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, June 10, 2022

Released 2 mos ago (6/11/2022 UTC) at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom

Sending on to the next person in the bookray.

Journal Entry 7 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 14, 2022
Has arrived with me.

Journal Entry 8 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 21, 2022
A gripping read.

Journal Entry 9 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (6/22/2022 UTC) at Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

I will be posting next time I visit the post office.

Join UK Bookcrossers at the Newcastle Unconvention from 29th-31st July 2022

Journal Entry 10 by wingrahar109wing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Saturday, June 25, 2022
Arrived safely this morning.

Journal Entry 11 by wingrahar109wing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, July 3, 2022
Parts of this book were gripping, other parts dragged. Overall a fairly decent read, but nothing special.

Journal Entry 12 by wingrahar109wing at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Monday, July 4, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (7/4/2022 UTC) at Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom

On its way to the next reader.

Journal Entry 13 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 6, 2022
Arrived safely with me, hope to be able to start reading tomorrow.🙂

Journal Entry 14 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, July 14, 2022
Very gripping read, have up the next book in the series on my wishlist.
Thanks for the intro to a new author :-)

Will be taking to the Uncon as asked.

Released 1 wk ago (7/30/2022 UTC) at BCUK Newcastle Uncon 2022, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Taking to the 2022 Uncon in Newcastle to pas on for the net in the ray.

Journal Entry 16 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, August 7, 2022
Back with me to be posted on to the next in the ray.