Swapping Lives

by Jane Green | Women's Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by dvg of Toms River, New Jersey USA on 4/4/2022
Journal Entry 1 by dvg from Toms River, New Jersey USA on Monday, April 4, 2022
The New York Times bestselling author of The Other Woman returns with a wry tale of two women who discover the grass is not always greener on the other side of the Atlantic.

Vicky Townsley is single, solvent, and seriously successful. Features director of the hugely successful Poise! magazine, she has an amazing flat, good friends, a fantastic wardrobe . . . in short, everything—except the life she wants: marriage, children, and a house in the country.

On the other side of the Atlantic, Amber Winslow has a stone mansion in Connecticut, two kids (and a full-time nanny), the requisite golden retriever, and a busy charitable commitment for the local Women’s League. But she hasn't quite found the fulfillment she had expected from being a wife and mother. When she spots an intriguing contest in Poise!, Amber never expects to be picked.

Life Swap is a riotous and poignant look at what happens when two women, both of whom think their bliss lies elsewhere, walk in each other's shoes for a month only to discover that happiness is closer than they’d ever thought. A rich, clever, and sharply observed chronicle of the true lives of women, Life Swap is a must read for the modern mademoiselle that will again squarely position Jane Green in a preeminent place in women’s fiction.

Journal Entry 2 by dvg at Toms River, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, April 5, 2022
I was in the mood for a fun and light read. I was anticipating just that when I read the description of this title. The book started out okay but I found I just could not get into the story. I found it to be repetitive and overly descriptive. I wasn't too fond of the characters in the story. I wound up skimming most of the book. Hopefully, I will enjoy the next book by this author more than this one. But future readers, give it a try for yourself...everyone reads the same story differently.

Journal Entry 3 by dvg at Surprise, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, April 30, 2022

Released 3 mos ago (4/30/2022 UTC) at Surprise, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Now traveling to surprise Ciloma with a book from her wishlist. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by ciloma at Spirit Lake, Idaho USA on Tuesday, May 10, 2022
2022-05-09 => Arrived safely. Thanx a bunch!