Black Food

by Bryant Terry | Nonfiction |
ISBN: 1984859730 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingSpatialwing of Moneta, Virginia USA on 3/28/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingSpatialwing from Moneta, Virginia USA on Monday, March 28, 2022
***I received this book from a Goodreads Giveaway ***

Description:

A beautiful, rich, and groundbreaking book exploring Black foodways within America and around the world, curated by food activist and author of Vegetable Kingdom Bryant Terry

My review:
Wow! Some powerful writing in this book. Thank you for this giveaway!

There were several moving stories in this collection, along with many thought-provoking pieces, eye-candy photos, and the recipes had me drooling! I sent a few recipes to my mom, who loves spicy food, not that all of the recipes were spicy, and wrote down some to try later, including Good Bones.

A few of my favorite stories:
The very first one by Rev. Marvin K. White From Scratch. You can’t read it without the strength and power shining through.

The Cookout by Adrian Miller tells the difference between cookout and barbecue as it pertains to black history.

Caring for the Whole Through This Black Body by Adrienne Maree Brown.

I had others marked but my bookmarks kept falling out. :(

Highly recommended for everyone!

Journal Entry 2 by wingSpatialwing at A fellow BookCrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (5/13/2022 UTC) at A fellow BookCrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

Nearly forgot to release! Oops!

Sent to the winner of the giveaway! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

Journal Entry 3 by wingechodewing at Seattle, Washington USA on Wednesday, May 18, 2022
This thing of beauty has just landed in my mailbox. Thank you so much, Spatial, for offering this up!
I've already started flipping through it and just discovered that the section normally reserved for Table of Contents is instead a "Playlist" 👍 I always appreciate being introduced to new (to me) music! Yet another layer to this book of multitudes...