Hollywood Hex: An Illustrated History of Cursed Movies

by Mikita Brottman | Entertainment |
Registered by Siren65 of Orlando, Florida USA on 5/11/2004
Journal Entry 1 by Siren65 from Orlando, Florida USA on Tuesday, May 11, 2004
From the back cover:

Hollywood Hes is a study of films that have, in one way or another, resulted in death and destruction. Some are directly responsible for the accidental deaths of those involved in their creation; others have caused tragedy indirectly by inspiring occult movements, serial killers, copycat crimes, psychotic behavior in audiences, or bizarre and freakish coincidences. These "cursed" films include The Exorcist, Rosemary's Baby, Twilight Zone - The Movie, and The Crow; films that have become notorious and compelling in their new role as inadvertent epitaphs, as documents on the subject of human mortality.

Subjects covered range from the earliest Hollywood suicides and jinxed movies, to the death cult of James Dean, to links with Charles Manson, Satanic churches, snuff culture, and mass murder, plus the mysterious death of Bruce Lee and the equally strange demise of his son Brandon.

It's an interesting read but often resorts to pointing out coincidences that caused some movies to be labeled "cursed."

Journal Entry 2 by Siren65 at Panera Bread at the Fashion Square Mall in Orlando, Florida USA on Tuesday, May 11, 2004
Released on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at Panera Bread at the Fashion Square Mall in Orlando, Florida USA.

At a Meet Up.

Journal Entry 3 by Crankydragon from Southaven, Mississippi USA on Wednesday, May 12, 2004
What a neat neat neat book this looks to be! I picked it up last night and started glancing at it. I think it's going to be a lot of fun. Judging by the "oooo, I wanna read that!" chorus I kept hearing last night, I think this is going to be eagerly passed around Orlando. :) Thank you!

Journal Entry 4 by Crankydragon from Southaven, Mississippi USA on Tuesday, June 08, 2004
An interesting little book, although it gets unintentionally amusing when it tries too hard to force random events into anything other than unfortunate coincidences. I did enjoy reading it, though, and will be passing it on at the Meetup tonight.

Journal Entry 5 by devon612 from Altamonte Springs, Florida USA on Sunday, July 11, 2004
I picked this up at last month's meetup and forgot to journal. Sorry Crankydragon I know how much you love when people do that!!!

I started to read it, but decided it just wasn't what I'm interested in right now. I'll be releasing it at the July meetup.

Journal Entry 6 by devon612 at Panera Bread at the Fashion Square Mall in Orlando, Florida USA on Sunday, July 11, 2004
Release planned for Tuesday, July 13, 2004 at Panera Bread at the Fashion Square Mall in Orlando, Florida USA.

Will release at meetup.

Journal Entry 7 by CasualReader on Tuesday, July 13, 2004
Picked up at the Meetup™. It will sit on Mt. TBR (aka Mt. Neverread) until the inevitable avalanche sends it furthest from the mountain's base. (Good way to pick which book to read next!)

I'm a little freaked out because the label is on upside down. Does that make me weird? The answer, of course, is no. It's a culmination of life experiences that have made me weird, the upside down label just makes it a little harder to ever become normal. It's freakin' me out, man!