Summerwater

by Sarah Moss | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by bookfrogster of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 3/6/2022
Journal Entry 1 by bookfrogster from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, March 6, 2022
This novel gives a series of interlocking stories about the people spending the summer around a loch in the Trossachs. As in real life, they are a mixed bunch of characters, some more likeable than others. Good stories though.

Journal Entry 2 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, August 18, 2022

Released 5 mos ago (8/18/2022 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

And off it goes on a new adventure in the random book box.

Journal Entry 3 by kinedi at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 14, 2022
Picked out from the Random Bookbox as sounded good

Journal Entry 4 by kinedi at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Monday, October 17, 2022
Well, it was definitely beautifully written and the Scottish landscape despite the relentless rain made me very homesick. There was quite a few really good scenes and funny moments but overall the general attitude of many of the characters was quite depressing and made me want to shake them all up. I wish I could have liked it more.

Journal Entry 5 by kinedi at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Saturday, November 26, 2022
Reserved for Nu-Knees

Journal Entry 6 by kinedi at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Released 1 mo ago (11/29/2022 UTC) at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom

Away to Nu-Knees and a Happy Christmas when it comes!

Journal Entry 7 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 20, 2022
Thank you very much, kinedi, for the lovely Christmas book parcel that arrived this morning: very welcome, thank you :-) With the post being so chaotic at the moment, I'm delighted that it's come through before the Big Day!

The card's on the wall with the others, the chocolate probably won't last long and I'm thinking I might leave the pretty magnetic bookmark attached when I pass the book on again, thank you. I give priority to books that I haven't registered myself, so I'll probably read it sooner rather than later . . . Watch this space!

Journal Entry 8 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, January 5, 2023
Agreed. Beautiful writing. Beautiful scenery. Shame about the people . . .