This Lovely City

by Louise Hare | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by raeliz64 of Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 2/28/2022
Journal Entry 1 by raeliz64 from Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Monday, February 28, 2022
This book is set in London during 1948 and 1950 and is a really good depiction of that time and place. (There were a couple of inaccuracies that made me wince, but that's just me - lol).
The story features Jamaican immigrants who came over on the Empire Windrush and the racism is shocking even when you're expecting it. There is a crime to be solved when the body of a mixed race baby is found on Clapham common and the police automatically suspect the black community.
Well worth the read.

Journal Entry 2 by raeliz64 at 1573 Restaurant in Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Monday, February 28, 2022

Released 7 mos ago (2/28/2022 UTC) at 1573 Restaurant in Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Taking to a Bookcrossing meet up.

Journal Entry 3 by raeliz64 at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Monday, February 28, 2022
Brought back and will be headed for my charity book table at work, when I can start it again.

Released 1 mo ago (8/9/2022 UTC) at Leicester General Hospital in Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Left on the charity book table in Outpatients 3.