O' Artful Death

by Sarah Stewart Taylor | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 2/24/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, February 24, 2022
I found this hardcover, inscribed by the author to previous owners as of 2003, in this Little Free Library at the Hilltop Cafe in Wilton NH while dropping off some books of my own. It's from the author's "Sweeney St. George" series about a Boston art historian who gets involved in murder mysteries.

This one features a trip to the site of a former art colony in Vermont, where Sweeney finds a photograph of a beautifully sculpted tombstone - on the grave of a young girl who drowned in 1890, and who may have been murdered. But her investigation into the truth behind the girl's story seems to spark new fears, leading to a modern-day murder... Lots of atmospheric details here, set in a part of New England that I'm familiar with. (We do have loads of old cemeteries, many featuring impressive examples of monument-sculpting art.)

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Groton Inn in Groton, Massachusetts USA on Monday, December 11, 2023

Released 2 mos ago (12/11/2023 UTC) at Little Free Library, Groton Inn in Groton, Massachusetts USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library (there are shelves on either side of the fireplace in the inn's lobby); hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

** Released for the 2023 What's In A Name challenge, for the embedded "Art" in the title. **

** Released for the 2023 D for December challenge. **