The Long and Faraway Gone

by Lou Berney | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by djwaltonjr of Seymour, Wisconsin USA on 2/2/2022
Journal Entry 1 by djwaltonjr from Seymour, Wisconsin USA on Wednesday, February 2, 2022
After reading a couple of Lou Berney's novels, I was looking forward to reading this one. So I picked up a copy from Barnes & Noble.

A quite remarkable novel, immensely enjoyable for its fully and deeply realized characters, strongly detailed setting and beautifully drawn storylines. Two lead characters, both changed forever by events rooted in the past, two parallel searches for the why of things, intersecting only obliquely at the end. All of it written in a way that kept me reading long into the night.

I really enjoyed the story and will definitely look for more books by Lou Berney.

Journal Entry 2 by djwaltonjr at Hartman Creek State Park in Waupaca, Wisconsin USA on Saturday, May 14, 2022

Released 1 wk ago (5/14/2022 UTC) at Hartman Creek State Park in Waupaca, Wisconsin USA

Released on a picnic table near the hiking trail head at Hartman Creek State Park.

To the finder of this book:

If you are a fan of crime fiction or Lou Berney novels, you will enjoy this one. Looking forward to your thoughts on the story and curious as to where this book travels next.

Please read and release!