The Aftermath Rhidian Brook

by Rhidian Brook | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: none Global Overview for this book
Registered by imeretoo of Telford , Shropshire United Kingdom on 1/19/2022
Journal Entry 1 by imeretoo from Telford , Shropshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 19, 2022
1946, post-World War II Hamburg. While thousands wander the rubble, lost and homeless, Colonel Lewis Morgan, charged with overseeing the rebuilding of this devastated city and the denazification of its defeated people, is stationed in a grand house on the River Elbe. He is awaiting the arrival of his wife, Rachael—still grieving for their eldest son—and their only surviving son, Edmund. But rather than force the owners of the house, a German widower and his rebellious daughter, out onto the streets, Lewis insists that the two families live together. In this charged atmosphere, both parents and children will be forced to confront their true selves as enmity and grief give way to passion and betrayal, to their deepest desires, their fiercest loyalties, and the transforming power of forgiveness.

This courageous new novel from award-winning author Rhidian Brook tells an emotionally riveting story of two families, one house, and love grown from hate.

Journal Entry 2 by imeretoo at Morrisons store in Telford , Shropshire United Kingdom on Monday, January 24, 2022

Released 4 mos ago (1/24/2022 UTC) at Morrisons store in Telford , Shropshire United Kingdom

YOU FOUND A TRAVELLING BOOK!!!!

We are a Worldwide Group That shares books and leave them for people to find like on a Treasure Hunt.
I am very happy that you have found one of my books.
I hope you will read the book, enjoy it and then set it free to continue on with it's travels around the world.

Please leave the label attached, just so it can keep in touch with us and let us follow it's travels, hopefully around the world, and hopefully hear from the many people who find it and help it on it's travels.

If you would like to know what happens to the book after you have passed it on, then do join - it's free, private and fun.

If you decide to join the Bookcrossing group and want to see when and where I release my books then you can see the books I've set free at:

Feel free to add me as a friend on the BookCrossing website.
Please make as few or as many comments about the book as you wish.