A Christmas Snow

by Jim Stovall | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingAramenawing of Noble, Oklahoma USA on 1/9/2022
Journal Entry 1 by wingAramenawing from Noble, Oklahoma USA on Sunday, January 9, 2022
Started out a bit slow for me but did pick up and was quite enjoyable. After finishing, I watched the move and I really enjoyed it also.

Adding this to HI77's Christmas Book Box.

Journal Entry 2 by wingminesaynwing at Huron, Ohio USA on Saturday, January 22, 2022
Chosen from the 3rd Annual Christmas Book Box. Who doesn't like snow?
soft white feathers
drift down covering earth
--silent night

(a variation on the first haiku I ever wrote)

Journal Entry 3 by wingminesaynwing at Huron, Ohio USA on Sunday, December 25, 2022
It's Christmas and Kathleen Mitchell has a 'bah humbug' attitude, but then she has had it ever since her father walked out on her mother and her thirty years ago during the Christmas season. She doesn't celebrate or decorate at all, nor does she allow her restaurant employees to be festive, either. No wonder the food critic panned the restaurant despite the food.

Her boyfriend has to leave his daughter Lucy there for a day or so a few days prior to Christmas, and on an emergency run to the grocery on Lucy's behalf, she nearly hits an elderly man, making him miss his bus. With the snow attaining blizzard status, she can't leave him at the closed, unheated bus station and brings him home.

Lucy, Sam, and reluctantly Kathleen make a Christmas that just might change attitudes. But will it? Will Kathleen have her changed Scrooge moments, or will life go on as before?

Started a bit slow, but picked up the pace as it went.

Journal Entry 4 by wingminesaynwing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, New York USA on Thursday, February 23, 2023

Released 1 yr ago (2/24/2023 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, New York USA

"No two persons ever read the same book."--Edmund Wilson

Sharing this book with the wider world--enjoy!
I have either registered it, or received it from another person who is willing to share it, too. Consider logging onto www.bookcrossing.com and letting us know where it is been and where it is going next. It can be done anonymously or join the site as a member.

Dabercro's Post-Christmas book box...happy travels, little book!

Journal Entry 5 by wingheartthumperwing at Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Monday, March 20, 2023
Chosen from the Post-Christmas book box!

Journal Entry 6 by wingheartthumperwing at Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Saturday, July 22, 2023
Got better as it went along. I enjoyed the Christmas ideas they came up with to entertain Lucy. Good story.

Journal Entry 7 by wingheartthumperwing at Clanton, Alabama USA on Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Released 2 mos ago (12/6/2023 UTC) at Clanton, Alabama USA

HGG RABCK to bamaforever. Merry Christmas and Happiest of New Years!
Love you guys!

Journal Entry 8 by bamaforever at Clanton, Alabama USA on Saturday, December 9, 2023
This looks like a lovely Christmas story. Thank you so much heartthumper! Love you ♥