City of Girls

by Elizabeth Gilbert | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 11/30/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, November 30, 2021
I found this hardcover in this Little Free Library in Wayland MA while dropping off some books of my own. It's about a young woman who's kicked out of Vassar in 1940 and goes to live with her aunt, who runs a rather over-the-top theater. (Sounds a lot like the setup of Auntie Mame at this point!) The story opens in modern times, where the now-90-something heroine has received a letter raising questions about an apparent scandal from her past; cue the flashbacks as we see how events unfolded.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Broad St. in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (11/30/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library, Broad St. in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I plan to leave this book in the Little Free Library outside the United Way office; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2021 e-less challenge. ***