The Six Tales of Christmas

by Anne Marie Ryan | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 1409194353 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingokarihwing of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 11/28/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingokarihwing from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, November 28, 2021
From Amazon.co.uk:
It's almost Christmas and snow is falling in the Cotswolds. Simon and Nora are gearing up for the festive season - but their bookshop is in trouble. Nora is delighted when a customer buys a book that's been on the shelves for years, but that won't be enough to keep the bailiffs away. Fuelled by mulled wine and mince pies, Nora and Simon hatch a plan to rouse community spirit, sending out six books to lonely villagers. The books change the recipients' lives, but is it too late to change the bookshop's fate?

This is a lovely, heart-warming book, full of characters that I could relate to. The storyline isn't too original and there were some clichés but a good read nonetheless that made me feel nice and warm inside and hopeful for the future. I've never seen 'It's a Wonderful Life' so I definitely want to see that now. This book has made me more determined to support independent bookshops. It also reminded me of how magical books are.

Journal Entry 2 by wingokarihwing at Northfields Tube Station in Ealing, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, December 4, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (12/4/2021 UTC) at Northfields Tube Station in Ealing, Greater London United Kingdom

Thank you for picking up this book! Please make a journal entry so that the book’s journey can be tracked (you can make a journal entry anonymously if you don't want to join). I hope that you enjoy the book and the Bookcrossing experience!

Left on the bookshelf!