The Kalahari Typing School for Men (No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency S.)

by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by over-the-moon of Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland on 5/8/2004
Journal Entry 1 by over-the-moon from Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland on Saturday, May 08, 2004
The fourth volume in the series.

Journal Entry 2 by over-the-moon from Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland on Sunday, June 20, 2004
I started and finished this on the plane to and from Morocco - very enjoyable, but much too quick a read. It's heart-warming and funny, but I'd like more substance.

Journal Entry 3 by over-the-moon from Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland on Tuesday, September 06, 2005
sending to schildkroet today, in the hopes it will get ringed in Germany or elsewhere and eventually find its way back to me

Journal Entry 4 by Schildkroet on Thursday, September 15, 2005
So much fun to read! I especially enjoyed Mma Ramotswe´s musings about men. If I didn´t know better, I would never have thought this series was written by a man. But of course, there are always exceptions from the rule!
However, I would have liked some more cases for the detective agency.

Journal Entry 5 by Schildkroet on Monday, September 19, 2005

enitsirhc72

zurück zu silentmiaouw

Journal Entry 6 by Schildkroet on Tuesday, October 04, 2005
Sent to -baghira- today.

Journal Entry 7 by -Baghira- from Enskede, Stockholm Sweden on Sunday, October 16, 2005
Sorry for the delay! I was stressed out the last week, so I completely forgot making a journal entry, but the book has arrived savely at my place and I started reading it immediately and also finished very quickly.

I liked this one very much, better than the last one. Although I would also have liked more cases for the detective agency (I have to say that in that point of view the first book of the series was the best) but there were many other good things in this book and the atmosphere was really enjoying! So thanks again to silentmiouw and schildkroet for making me get to know this wonderful series!

Journal Entry 8 by husky from Kürnbach, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Saturday, December 03, 2005
The third one of this series, and still sooo many other books to read... thank god it`s only a few days until christmas holiday so there is a little chance I am going to read these books with all the promising comments...
and thank god the book is a quick and easy read. I would have liked, though, the competing detective agency to have a longer life, at least a few months (resp. books), that might have been more inspiring. It just vanished a little to soon.

Anyway, enjoy this! The book is continuing it`s journey to enitsirhc72 in the first days of 2006.

Journal Entry 9 by enitsirhc72 from Bickenbach, Hessen Germany on Thursday, January 12, 2006
The book arrived yesterday. I'm looking forward to read it.

Journal Entry 10 by enitsirhc72 from Bickenbach, Hessen Germany on Wednesday, January 25, 2006
This book was also really wonderful to read, but I thought it was a bit more moody, than the first three volumes.

Shall I send it back to silentmiaow or do you want to ask in the german forum, if there are more potential readers, Schildkroet?
-----------------------------------
And here are the next participants:

Lisa-B
Piggeldy
Zoe1971

Journal Entry 11 by Lisa-B on Sunday, February 19, 2006
Enitsirhc72 hat es mir beim Meet-Up heute in Griesheim weitergegeben. Vielen Dank an alle, ich freue mich auf Buch 3 und 4 der Reihe.

Journal Entry 12 by Lisa-B on Sunday, February 26, 2006
Maybe I should not have read number 4 of the series immediately after finishing number 3, feeling some kind of bookring duty to get both books off in a timely manner, so it is difficult for me to rate it fairly. There are too many topics or stories which, quite naturally, get repeated.

I am mailing books number 3 and 4 of the series to Piggeldy tomorrow.

Journal Entry 13 by Piggeldy from Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Thursday, March 02, 2006
The two books arrived here today. It might take a while until I come to read this one...

Edit, September 13th: The third book of the series is on its way to Zoe1971, so I will start reading this one soon!

Journal Entry 14 by Zoe1971 from Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, October 16, 2006
The book arrived savely today. Thanks a lot, Piggeldy, for sending it.

I'm afraid I will not be able to immediately start reading it, since there are some more bookrings that are waiting for me...But its time shall come ;-))

--- update Oct 18th, 2006:

As soon as I finish reading it, the bookring will travel on to dutchbooky, Amsterdam.

Journal Entry 15 by Zoe1971 from Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, February 20, 2007
I really love the stories about Precious Ramotswe and all those things taking place in Gaborone...

I enjoyed reading this fourth novel in the "No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" series, even though Mma Ramotswe didn't have much detective work to do. I especially liked "The Miracle that was Wrought at Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors". Who would think what a prayer could do about a hydraulic ramp ;-))

The book will soon travel on to the Netherlands, Noord Holland.

Released 12 yrs ago (4/10/2007 UTC) at by mail in To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

On its way to Amsterdam...

Journal Entry 17 by dutchbooky from Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Thanks Zoe1971, the book arrived. The box was open, but contained both of the books, pfew..... I have a couple of books waiting in line, this one will have to wait a while. But I really look forward to reading it, so I might sneek it in between the others! ;-))

Journal Entry 18 by dutchbooky from Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Friday, May 18, 2007
Finished this book today. Enjoyed the story and am looking forward to the next two in this series, that are waiting for me on my TBR pile. I have PM-ed Schildkroet to find out where this book can go next.

Released 12 yrs ago (5/19/2007 UTC) at Controlled release in To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

In the mail back to Silentmiauw. Thank you very much for sharing, I really enjoyed the book!

Journal Entry 20 by over-the-moon from Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland on Tuesday, May 29, 2007
my book came home, happy to find its companions after its long journey. Thank you all for taking good care of it!

Released 3 yrs ago (2/6/2016 UTC) at Boîte à livres - Église du Valentin in Lausanne, Vaud Switzerland

in the boîte à livres

Journal Entry 22 by winginkenwing at Wedding, Berlin Germany on Monday, March 07, 2016
At first I thought that this book was not my cup of (bush)tea but then I enjoyed it more and more.

Journal Entry 23 by winginkenwing at Zitrone in Kreuzberg, Berlin Germany on Sunday, April 10, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (4/10/2016 UTC) at Zitrone in Kreuzberg, Berlin Germany

Taken along to the monthly meeting in Berlin.

Journal Entry 24 by Cheetah20 at Berlin (irgendwo/somewhere), Berlin Germany on Sunday, April 10, 2016
Thanks, got it at the meet up today and am looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 25 by Cheetah20 at Berlin (irgendwo/somewhere), Berlin Germany on Saturday, April 23, 2016
Mma Ramotswe is a unique, traditionally built and strong lady. Using her wisdom, patience, a special detective guide book, pots of bush tea and her assistant she runs a successful Lady Dectective Agency in Gaborone. The description of the everyday life in Botswana is witty and authentic. The book is a gem.

Journal Entry 26 by Cheetah20 at Neuruppin, Brandenburg Germany on Saturday, April 23, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (4/24/2016 UTC) at Neuruppin, Brandenburg Germany

The book comes with to the 5th BechlinerBücherTauschTag on 24 April.

Journal Entry 27 by winginkenwing at Wedding, Berlin Germany on Sunday, April 24, 2016
It's travelling back to Berlin with me.

Journal Entry 28 by winginkenwing at BLN-BiblioboXX in Wedding, Berlin Germany on Sunday, September 24, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (9/24/2017 UTC) at BLN-BiblioboXX in Wedding, Berlin Germany