Regency Rogues: Disgraceful Secrets

by CHRISTINE. MERRILL | Romance |
Registered by wingCassandra2020wing of Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on 11/16/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingCassandra2020wing from Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 16, 2021
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. If you’re new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site (www.bookcrossing.com), please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free). If you join, you’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry for this specific copy of this book (other copies of the book are travelling with their own ID number. Every copy of every book has a unique ID).

I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using me, Cassandra2020, as your referring member. When you’ve finished reading this book and are ready to send it on its way again, make a journal entry then a release note: either 'controlled' if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or a 'wild' release if you are leaving it somewhere hoping for anyone to catch.

Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e mail each time someone makes another journal entry. It’s all confidential (you’re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and spam-free.

Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 2 by wingCassandra2020wing at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Released 1 yr ago (11/17/2021 UTC) at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom

Although this book is registered at www.bookcrossing.com, you don't have to be a member. It's perfectly OK to just take the book and enjoy it. Of course, if you can visit the website and let us know that you've picked it up, that would be even better - you don't even have to join, you can add your comments anonymously - you can also post your review when you've read it, then return it or pass it on to someone else.

If you do join Bookcrossing, you'll be able to see what happens to it afterwards - for ever!

Journal Entry 3 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, November 21, 2021
Thanks for the light reading and the other two books for releasing. I’m reading a couple of quite depressing books (Why Men Hate Women and Guantanamo Diary) so this will give me some much needed escapism from some of the awfulness of the world.

Perfect escapism.

Journal Entry 4 by wingPoodlesisterwing at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Sunday, January 2, 2022

Released 1 yr ago (1/2/2022 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Going to Flutterbies9 when I next go to the post office

Journal Entry 5 by wingFlutterbies9wing at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Saturday, January 8, 2022
Received in a surprise RABCK. Thanks for these, a good start to a New Year!

Journal Entry 6 by wingFlutterbies9wing at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Sunday, May 15, 2022
I read these alongside Lemn Sissay's My Name is Why (which although interesting is also a very sad book) so these provided a brilliant counterpart to that book!

I expected since these are Mills and Boon romance books that they would be sugar sweet and "out of time" in character for Regency. However, these did surprise me on that front. There were 2 books here by the same author - The Secrets of Wiscombe Chase and Lady Priscilla's Shameful Secret.

The Secrets of Wiscombe Chase
When Gerald Wiscombe returns from war he's determined to claim what is rightfully his! But suspecting his wife has been less than faithful in his absence, he intends to seek the truth. Lillian has endured all she can and now must face revealing the terrible secrets she has hidden for years.

Lady Priscilla's Shameful Secret
Outspoken Lady Priscilla is the only woman in London brave enough not to simper at Robert Magson. As the Duke of Reighland he needs a wife, and has this captivating woman in his sights! But Lady Priscilla doesn't wish to marry - ever - for she hides a shameful secret. Surely a duke deserves more than ruined woman?

I am glad that Mills and Boon has advanced from the over sweet romances which bear no resemblance to the period of time in which they are based. This writer is accomplished in this and has a much better semblance to the period they are writing about, and to my surprise I found that I liked both stories in this book. Both had unusual 'heroines', though Lillian was a more difficult one to warm to, and both would have been shunned ‘ruined women’ in their time. But these people can still love and be loved in return as is evident in both the stories. I preferred the second story in the book, but I think that was because I found Priscilla and her ‘secret’ much easier to relate to.

I have a plan for this book but it will have to wait for now.

Released 5 mos ago (8/2/2022 UTC) at Birthday RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Yeah, finally packaged up and on its way to the (very slightly passed) birthday girl. Sorry for the delay caused by your being away and then my being away!!

Journal Entry 8 by wingrainbow3wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, December 11, 2022
Goodness, what fun. Plucked this from my 'read next' pile as wanting some easy reading that could sooth my way toward sleep. During the festive period while my head is going in circles attempting to organise stuff, a read that would be simple to pick up and lay down seemed most desirable. Have to say, to my surprise, this read turned to be far from simple to lay aside and I agree with Flutterbies9 in her Journal Entry (6). Nicely put. Everything about the skill of the author and the quality of the plotting and the direction M&B Romance these days. Books worth spending time with!

REGENCY ROGUES : DISGRACEFUL SECRETS by CHRISTINE MERRILL (2020) | ISBN: 978 0 263 27853 5 | Publisher: M&B
An omnibus comprising of two novels by Christine Merrill:
THE SECRETS OF WISCOMBE CHASE (2016)
LADY PRISCILLA'S SHAMEFUL SECRET (2012)
---------------------

Looks like this is destined for a wild release as the usual suspects (BCers who read Regency) Poodlesister and Flutterbies9 have already enjoyed this. I'll give it some thought!

Released 1 mo ago (12/15/2022 UTC) at Little Free Library - Hillside Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Some easy reading for this terrifically well used LFL. I'll keep leaving BookCrossing Books here and one day someone may make a Journal Entry on one. Meanwhile, it's a treat to see folk are 'cycling on' the books left here. Well done readers!

● RELEASE NOTES:

DEAR FINDER:
I'm a special book. I'm not forgotten, lost or disgarded. I was left here on purpose to find new readers. On www.bookcrossing.com. you can follow my journey.

Take me with you, read me, and please leave a note about my whereabouts on the website - anonymously, if you prefer.

Then, please release me again so I can travel on, cheers rainbow3.