Postcards from the Edge

by Carrie Fisher | Women's Fiction |
Registered by emmafiles of Murrumba Downs, Queensland Australia on 5/7/2004
Journal Entry 1 by emmafiles from Murrumba Downs, Queensland Australia on Friday, May 07, 2004
Hollywood stars in and out of rehab.
I gave it a go - but not my thing.

Journal Entry 2 by torialouise from York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, June 12, 2004
Recieved today as part of a book relay!

Released 13 yrs ago (8/22/2005 UTC) at sent by mail in RABCK, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Sending on a further journey - happy travels

Journal Entry 4 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Saturday, August 27, 2005
Received today in the post from torialouise as a RABCK - many thanks! Will probably release it onto a bear in Zurich as part of our Teddy Summer 2005 Challenge!

Journal Entry 5 by nice-cup-of-tea from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Sunday, August 28, 2005
An honestly written novel about addiction, rehab and emotions! I enjoyed this, if you can say that about a novel which deals with the dark side of human emotions and experiences. The 'heroine' charts her descent, rehab and recovery. I wonder how much this was based on Carrie Fisher's own experience of Hollywood?

Journal Entry 6 by nice-cup-of-tea at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Monday, September 12, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (9/13/2005 UTC) at Café Gloria (OBCZ) in Zürich, Zürich Switzerland

Taken with me to the Zurich Meetup

Journal Entry 7 by Sunneschii from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Tuesday, September 13, 2005
Thank you, Helen, for bringing this book to the meeting!

I loved Carrie in Star Wars.. and I know about her problems afterwards. So I'm curious to read this book!

Journal Entry 8 by Sunneschii from Zürich, Zürich Switzerland on Sunday, September 25, 2005
A very well written and interesting book. Carrie Fisher wrote authentically about the toughts of addicteds. I've always known that people in Hollywood act different than anywhere else. But I wonder how accurate this book is.

A friend (not yet BC) wants to read this book, so I'm going to give it to her soon.