One Summer

by David Baldacci | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingshawing of San Diego, California USA on 11/5/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingshawing from San Diego, California USA on Friday, November 5, 2021
some kind soul left this in my LFL Ken east

Journal Entry 2 by wingshawing at San Diego, California USA on Wednesday, December 1, 2021
j/c to see amazon score

Journal Entry 3 by wingshawing at San Diego, California USA on Friday, December 3, 2021
7 3/4, great read but not quite as good as I Wish You Well, thus the lower score.

The following review is from Publishers Weekly:

Legal thriller fixture Baldacci (Deliver Us from Evil) churns out a creaky, contrived family drama about Jack Armstrong, a terminally ill family man just praying to make it to Christmas. Sadness abounds, much more so when Jack's wife, Lizzie, is killed in a car wreck while on a medicine run. Plans are made by Jack's mean mother-in-law Bonnie: the three kids will get divided up among aunts and uncles across the country, and Jack will be put into hospice. Miraculously, Jack's health turns around, and he's able to reclaim his kids and move the brood from Ohio to the South Carolina shore where Lizzie grew up. There, he tries to reassemble the family and learn how to be a single parent, and just as they're beginning to settle into a functional family again, Bonnie sues for custody of the kids. Yes, it possesses all the subtlety of a dog fight, but it's also choked with pap ("No matter what you do, no matter how hard you fight, life sometimes just doesn't make sense") and so sappy you'd think Baldacci was earning a commission on each tear jerked. (June)
(c) Copyright PWxyz, LLC. All rights reserved.
Review

Journal Entry 4 by wingshawing at Little Free Library - Kensington East in San Diego, California USA on Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (12/8/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library - Kensington East in San Diego, California USA

d for december challenge

Congratulations - You've found a free book !

Enjoy your book!

(If you decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me, sha, as your referring member - thanks!)