Around the World

by The Clever Factory | Children's Books | This book has not been rated.
Registered by hobbit of Poughkeepsie, New York USA on 10/30/2021
Journal Entry 1 by hobbit from Poughkeepsie, New York USA on Saturday, October 30, 2021
WELCOME TO BOOKCROSSING!
Please post a comment to let us know you've found this book (you can do it anonymously, or join up for extra fun). Enjoy reading it and then, please journal your thoughts on it here. Unless you want to keep it, please re-release it for others to find. You can be as inventive as you like about this! The information here on www.bookcrossing.com will give you all the information you need to help this book keep travelling around the world. Thank you and happy reading!

This book shows some famous, impressive places in the world. I've been to 7 of them myself and would love to visit the other 11.

Journal Entry 2 by hobbit at Poughkeepsie, New York USA on Monday, January 24, 2022
This book is traveling with an "Around the World" bookbox featuring a collection of books from different places, and will act as the journal for the bookbox. Here's the thread where the bookbox rules and signups are.

This is a replacement for a previously stalled version of the bookbox. Here's a link to the previous journal.

The bookbox begins with these 12 books (and, of course, the journal book):
. France - The Lady and the Unicorn
. England - Guenevere Queen of the Summer Country
North America:
. Guatemala - 01-01-00
. several (could be used for NA, SA, Africa, Asia, Europe) - 100 Women Who Shaped World History
Pacifica / Oceana:
. New Zealand - The Eel That Slept
. Samoa - Ola
South America:
. Columbia - Love in the Time of Cholera
. several (could be used for SA or NA) - Three Weeks with My Brother

I note that some of these may be used for other countries also, depending on whether you count where the action takes place (and some move from country to country), where the author was born, or where the author lived / lives. Like life, books don't always fall easily into one slot.

Anyway, here goes - may the box travel safely and may all of the participants find something they enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by hobbit at Around the World Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Friday, January 28, 2022

Released 5 mos ago (2/1/2022 UTC) at Around the World Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Sending to the next recipient

Journal Entry 4 by rhythmbiscuit at Northglenn, Colorado USA on Friday, February 11, 2022
This box is full of wonderful choices!

I looked through The African Lookbook and then put it back in the box for others to enjoy.

I selected:

I put in:
(Pacific) Hawaii - The Girl from Everywhere
(Europe) Greece - The Song of Achilles
(Asia) Singapore - The Bondmaid
and a wildcard--Together on Top of the World: The Remarkable Story of the First Couple to Climb the Fabled Seven Summits. Although it emphasizes Mount Everest, the two climbed the highest peaks on all seven continents.

Journal Entry 5 by debnance at Alvin, Texas USA on Tuesday, March 1, 2022
I've been looking forward to the "Around the World" Bookbox. Happily it arrived today!

Journal Entry 6 by debnance at Alvin, Texas USA on Friday, March 4, 2022
I've made my choices:
Love in the Time of Cholera (SA: Columbia))
The Girl from Everywhere (Pacifica: Hawaii)
The Song of Achilles (Europe: Greece)
The Best We Could Do (Asia: Vietnam)

Into the box I shall put:
Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee (NA: Native American Tribal Nations)
One Italian Summer (Europe: Italy)
The Hills is Lonely (Europe: Scotland and the Hebrides)
Arabia: A Journey Through the Labyrinth (Asia: Saudia Arabia)

Thank you for this lovely box!

Journal Entry 7 by wingQueen72wing at Hobbs, New Mexico USA on Wednesday, March 9, 2022
I received this bookbox on 3/7. I will make my selections and contact the next person in line for their address.

Journal Entry 8 by wingQueen72wing at Hobbs, New Mexico USA on Monday, March 14, 2022

Released 3 mos ago (3/14/2022 UTC) at Hobbs, New Mexico USA

I selected “One Italian Summer” (Europe-Italy)

I replaced it with “Lilac Girls” (Europe-Germany, France, Poland or North America-NYC)

On its way to the next recipient today.

Journal Entry 9 by Ninas_BookNook at Yorktown, Virginia USA on Saturday, March 26, 2022
Got this as the journal book for the "Around the World" Book Box. How clever! I will make my selections this week and send the box on to the next person.

I removed the following:
Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee by Dee Brown (North America - Native tribal nations)
The Hills is Lonely by Lillian Beckwith (Europe - Scotland and the Hebrides)
100 Women Who Shaped World History by Gail Meyer Rolka (North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia)
The African Look Book by Catherine E. McKinley (Africa - various nations)

And added these:
A Hope in the Unseen by Ron Suskind (North America - USA)
Aunt Dimity's Death by Nancy Atherton (North America - USA or Europe - England)
Ghana Must Go by Taiye Selasi (Africa - Ghana, Nigeria or Europe - England or North America - New York)
Conspiracy 365: Revenge by Gabrielle Lord (Pacific - Australia)

Journal Entry 10 by Ninas_BookNook at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Released 3 mos ago (3/29/2022 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, New Hampshire USA

And on this little journal goes, accompanying all the other books "Around the World."

Journal Entry 11 by wingJ4Shawwing at Boise, Idaho USA on Monday, May 23, 2022
A book in the Around the World Bookbox

Journal Entry 12 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Thursday, May 26, 2022
I'll be moving this box on within the week. As I pack the box up, it contains the following books:

Africa