The Ascent of Rum Doodle

by w. e. bowman | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 071266808X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingbuttonbrightwing of Raleigh, North Carolina USA on 11/29/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingbuttonbrightwing from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Monday, November 29, 2021
First published in 1956, The Ascent of Rum Doodle quickly became a mountaineering classic. As an outrageously funny spoof about the ascent of a peak in the Himalayas, many thought it was inspired by the 1953 conquest of Everest. But Bowman had drawn on the flavor and tone of earlier adventures, of Bill Tilman and his 1937 account of the Nandi Devi expedition. The book’s central and unforgettable character, Binder, is one of the finest creations in comic literature.

I found this book on the discount shelves of a local used book store.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbuttonbrightwing at Fairmont U.M. Church on Clark Ave. in Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Monday, November 29, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (11/29/2021 UTC) at Fairmont U.M. Church on Clark Ave. in Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Left @ Fairmont U.M. Church LFL#50973 on Clark Ave, Raleigh, NC. #BookCrossing https://www.bookcrossing.com/hunt/1/36/19695/97996