The Sound and the Fury

by WILLIAM FAULKNER | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingbuttonbrightwing of Raleigh, North Carolina USA on 11/29/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingbuttonbrightwing from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Monday, November 29, 2021
The Sound and the Fury is the tragedy of the Compson family, featuring some of the most memorable characters in literature: beautiful, rebellious Caddy; the manchild Benjy; haunted, neurotic Quentin; Jason, the brutal cynic; and Dilsey, their black servant. Their lives fragmented and harrowed by history and legacy, the character’s voices and actions mesh to create what is arguably Faulkner’s masterpiece and one of the greatest novels of the twentieth century.

“I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire. . . . I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all of your breath trying to conquer it. Because no battle is ever won he said. They are not even fought. The field only reveals to man his own folly and despair, and victory is an illusion of philosophers and fools.” —from The Sound and the Fury

I found this book on the discount shelves of a local used book store.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbuttonbrightwing at Fairmont U.M. Church on Clark Ave. in Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Monday, November 29, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (11/29/2021 UTC) at Fairmont U.M. Church on Clark Ave. in Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Left @ Fairmont U.M. Church LFL#50973 on Clark Ave, Raleigh, NC. #BookCrossing https://www.bookcrossing.com/hunt/1/36/19695/97996