The house of the spirits

by Isabel Allende | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by eastbaybookmisr of Oakland, California USA on 10/1/2021
Journal Entry 1 by eastbaybookmisr from Oakland, California USA on Friday, October 1, 2021
1986 Bantam paperback of the 1985 translation from Spanish by Magda Bogin of the 1982 National Bestseller debut tale of the Trueba family. This copy was sold used from Gold Beach Books. I found this copy this week in the Maybelle Little Free Library.

Edit October 25, 2021: This was okay, but I just skimmed to end for time. It runs long, and it is full of those unbearable paragraphs which run for a page and a half. Seriously, no single thought is so awesomely self-contained that it needs a whole page and a half to draw out without pause in this modern era. That is just a sign of pretentious writing and failed editing. I currently have this ranked at #4085 on my ranked list of best-read books lately.

Released 1 mo ago (10/26/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library at 3938 Forest Hill Ave. in Oakland, California USA

... in the box.

Please look her up on Google, DuckDuckGo, and YouTube. You can also follow her on Facebook and Instagram, among other platforms.