While Paris Slept: a Powerful Novel of Love, Survival and the Endurance of Hope

by Ruth Druart | History |
Registered by steeliepoppet of Whitianga, Waikato-Coromandel New Zealand on 9/26/2021
Journal Entry 1 by steeliepoppet from Whitianga, Waikato-Coromandel New Zealand on Sunday, September 26, 2021
Interesting insight into the personal trials of WWII Paris

Journal Entry 2 by steeliepoppet at Robinson Road Reserve in Whitianga, Waikato-Coromandel New Zealand on Sunday, September 26, 2021

Released 2 wks ago (9/27/2021 UTC) at Robinson Road Reserve in Whitianga, Waikato-Coromandel New Zealand

Robinson Rd Reserve, Whitianga, Waikato New Zealand

Journal Entry 3 by wingkeeta1wing at Whitianga, Waikato-Coromandel New Zealand on Monday, September 27, 2021
I picked this book up from a bench in Robinson Road Reserve :)
I've left quite a lot of books in this reserve, so it was really fun to pick up one that wasn't my own. Thanks steeliepoppet, I'll read it sometime and then release again.

Journal Entry 4 by wingkeeta1wing at Whitianga, Waikato-Coromandel New Zealand on Tuesday, October 12, 2021

I didn't expect to enjoy this book as much as I did. A good, if rather sad story.

Santa Cruz 1953. Jean-Luc thought he had left it all behind. The scar on his face a small price to pay for surviving the horrors of Nazi occupation. Now, he has a new life in California, a family. He never expected the past to come knocking on his door.
Paris 1944. A young woman's future is torn away in a heartbeat. Herded on to a train bound for Auschwitz, in an act of desperation she entrusts her most precious possession to a stranger. All she has left now is hope.
On a darkened platform two destinies become entangled. Their choice will change the future in ways neither could have imagined.