The History of Love

by Nicole Krauss | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0141019972 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingSparkishwing of Fleckney, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 9/22/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingSparkishwing from Fleckney, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 22, 2021
'When I was born my mother named me after every girl in a book my father gave her called The History of Love. . . '

Fourteen-year-old Alma Singer is trying to find a cure for her mother's loneliness. Believing she might discover it in an old book her mother is lovingly translating, she sets out in search of its author.

Across New York an old man called Leo Gursky is trying to survive a little bit longer. He spends his days dreaming of the love lost that sixty years ago in Poland inspired him to write a book. And although he doesn't know it yet, that book also survived: crossing oceans and generations, and changing lives. . .

Journal Entry 2 by wingSparkishwing at Fleckney, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, October 22, 2021
This book didn’t work for me but for the life of me I can’t work out why. It had an interesting story and characters I wanted to learn about, but for some reason I just feel a bit lukewarm about it. I hope the next reader gets on with it better because I feel I have missed something that I should be kicking myself about.

Journal Entry 3 by wingSparkishwing at Fleckney, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, October 22, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (10/22/2021 UTC) at Fleckney, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Heading off as part of the wishlist tag game. Enjoy 😉

Journal Entry 4 by 4evagreen at Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 25, 2021
Arrived safely along with its accompanying goodies. Thanks for sharing I look forward to reading it.