Remarkable Creatures

by Tracy Chevalier | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingeponine38wing of Winchester, Massachusetts USA on 9/13/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingeponine38wing from Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Monday, September 13, 2021
On the windswept, fossil-strewn beaches of the English coast, poor and uneducated Mary learns that she has a unique gift: "the eye" to spot ammonites and other fossils no one else can see. When she uncovers an unusual fossilized skeleton in the cliffs near her home, she sets the religious community on edge, the townspeople to gossip, and the scientific world alight. After enduring bitter cold, thunderstorms, and landslips, her challenges only grow when she falls in love with an impossible man.

Mary soon finds an unlikely champion in prickly Elizabeth, a middle-class spinster who shares her passion for scouring the beaches. Their relationship strikes a delicate balance between fierce loyalty, mutual appreciation, and barely suppressed envy, but ultimately turns out to be their greatest asset.

From the author of At the Edge of the Orchard and Girl With a Pearl Earring comes this incredible story of two remarkable women and their voyage of discovery.

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Monday, September 13, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (9/13/2021 UTC) at Winchester, Massachusetts USA

On its way to dvg via wishlist-tag.

I hope you enjoy the book!

Released for
2021 You're Such an Animal Release Challenge

Journal Entry 3 by wingdvgwing at Toms River, New Jersey USA on Saturday, September 18, 2021
Oh so excited to see this book in my mailbox today. I love the tag game. Thank you for sharing this with me. I can’t wait to read this one. Happy dance to my BC Mt TBR.