The Night Hawk

by ELLY. GRIFFITHS | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by cally-c of Alfreton, Derbyshire United Kingdom on 9/10/2021
Journal Entry 1 by cally-c from Alfreton, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Friday, September 10, 2021
Dr Ruth Galloway returns to the moody and beautiful landscape of North Norfolk to confront another killer. A devastating new case for our favourite forensic archaeologist in this acclaimed and bestselling crime series.
The Night Hawks, a group of metal detectorists, are searching for buried treasure when they find a body on the beach in North Norfolk. At first Nelson thinks that the dead man might be an asylum seeker but he turns out to be a local boy, Jem Taylor, recently released from prison. Ruth is more interested in the treasure, a hoard of Bronze Age weapons. Nelson at first thinks that Taylor's death is accidental drowning, but a second death suggests murder.
Nelson is called to an apparent murder-suicide of a couple at the isolated Black Dog Farm. Local legend talks of the Black Shuck, a spectral hound that appears to people before they die. Nelson ignores this, even when the owner's suicide note includes the line, 'He's buried in the garden.' Ruth excavates and finds the body of a giant dog.
All roads lead back to this farm in the middle of nowhere, but the place spells serious danger for anyone who goes near. Ruth doesn't scare easily. Not until she finds herself at Black Dog Farm ...

Journal Entry 2 by cally-c at Alfreton, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Friday, September 17, 2021
I enjoyed this one with its twists & turns. I hadn't realised it was the 13th in a series so I've got to look out for the others now!

Journal Entry 3 by cally-c at Bacchus Way in Morton, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Monday, February 28, 2022

Released 2 mos ago (2/28/2022 UTC) at Bacchus Way in Morton, Derbyshire United Kingdom

Passed on for a book swap day

You've found a travelling book!
This book set off on its travels in March ... but where has it decided to stay?

Well, if you're reading this then you've found it & you can tell us!
Please take a minute to say where it was discovered...
...& you can tell us what you thought of it.
When you've read it, please pass it to a friend to enjoy
or leave it in a public place for someone else to find -just like you did!

(If you decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me,
cally-c as your referring member-thanks!)