After the Eclipse

by Sarah Perry | Biographies & Memoirs |
ISBN: 9781328511911 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 8/27/2021
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, August 27, 2021
I found this softcover in this Little Free Library in Maynard MA while dropping off some books of my own. (It has some underlining, but not too excessive.)

It's the author's memoir of her own life following her mother's murder, with her mother's biography woven in.

It's a wrenching story, opening with the author looking through the evidence of her mother's murder case - tiny details but harrowing even long afterwards. Then she backs up to set the scene, describe her mother as she knew her, leading up to the day when, as a 12-year-old, she woke in the night to hear her mother being assaulted and murdered - a true nightmare that changes Sarah's life. It would be another twelve years before the killer would be caught, and by then the adult Sarah has a lot to come to terms with, from her own trauma to concerns about the investigation, and whether it should have uncovered critical evidence long before...

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, October 8, 2021

Released 1 wk ago (10/8/2021 UTC) at Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I'm adding this to the Crime Scene/Mystery bookbox (bookbox journal with list of choices and replacements here); the box will be on its way to its next stop soon.

*** Released for the 2021 Tick Tock challenge. ***

Journal Entry 3 by waternixie at Everett, Washington USA on Thursday, October 14, 2021
From the Crime Scene Bookbox. I'll be passing it on.